Deprecation of the plugin
As of February 19th, 2015, mqTranslate is deprecated in favor of qTranslate X.
More information here.
What is mqTranslate?
mqTranslate is a fork of the well-known qTranslate plugin, extending the original software with collaborative and team-oriented features.
Writing multilingual content is already hard enough, why make using a plugin even more complicated? qTranslate has been created to let WordPress have an easy to use interface for managing a fully multilingual web site.
The plugin is available from the WordPress.org Plugin Directory.
mqTranslate is fully compatible with WordPress 3.9.
qTranslate Original Features
qTranslate makes creation of multilingual content as easy as working with a single language. Here are some features:
- qTranslate Services – Professional human and automated machine translation with two clicks
- One-Click-Switching between the languages – Change the language as easy as switching between Visual and HTML
- Language customizations without changing the .mo files – Use Quick-Tags instead for easy localization
- Multilingual dates out of the box – Translates dates and time for you
- Comes with a lot of languages already builtin! – English, German, Simplified Chinese and a lot of others
- No more juggling with .mo-files! – mqTranslate will download them automatically for you
- Choose one of 3 Modes to make your URLs pretty and SEO-friendly. – The everywhere compatible
?lang=en, simple and beautiful
/en/foo/ or nice and neat
- One language for each URL – Users and SEO will thank you for not mixing multilingual content
qTranslate supports infinite languages, which can be easily added/modified/deleted via the comfortable Configuration Page. All you need to do is activate the plugin and start writing the content!
For more Information on qTranslate, visit the Original qTranslate Homepage.
mqTranslate adds the following features to qTranslate:
- Language selection for editor accounts (allows your translators to see only their source and target languages)
- Protection of concurrent edits of different languages (ie your english and german translators can save their work at the same time without risking data loss)